For attractive lips,
Speak words of kindness.
For Lovely eyes,
Seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure,
Share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair,
Let a child run their fingers threw it once a day.
For poise,
Walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
People,
Even more then things have to be restored,
Renewed,
Revived,
And redeemed.
Never throw out anyone.
Remember....
If you ever need a helping hand,
You will find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older,
You will discover you have two hands.
One for helping yourself,
And the other,
For helping others.
This is prob one of my favorite quotes i heard... my sophmore year in highschool in my poetry class. I thought of this quote last night when i was wathing TV. MTV had one of there little Think.MTV campaigns on about poverty, aids, helping others etc... and there is a huge part of me that is totally all about helping others... Yet i just can't seem to balance that part of me with my everyday life. I've done walks for diabetes and breast cancer. I've volunteered at soup kitchens and been incharge of organizing food drives at school... My senior year i actually tried to organize a spring break trip for the senior class to go down south and help with the katrina clean up....But i guess people weren't having that... So now ive been outta school so i don't really have the connections to do things. I donate to many organizations... i've prob given like $100 bucks total (which isn't a lot but a lot for me!) to different foundations and stuff. I would rather just put in personal time though... MUCH more rewarding. However i can never find anyone who wants to! Last year i was going to run for Aids! Some people said they were going to do it with me, i got a bunch of money then everyone bailed!!! so i ended up just donating the money cuz i didn't wanna go alone. Which may sound dumb, i guess i could have. But it was suppose to be fun! But anyways, this is the part of me that wants to join the peacecorps eventualy sometime in my life. I know someone who has done it and he is the one who inspired me! Well actually i shouldn't say i know him cuz that would be a fib... but i met him... He graduated from the same highschool i did and he took a year or two of french with the same french teacher i had. They kept in contact and i guess he ended up joining the peace corps and going to Cameroon Africa where they predominantly speak french! Me, being a huge "french" person was really interested... it must have been my freshmen year that this guy came in to talk to us in my french class. I skipped all my classes that day and just hung out with him. And watched as he showed pictures after pictures and passed around things he brought back and listened as he remenissed about his great experience. And as i watched and listened to this guy reveal his amazing story, it became clear to me that i wanted to do this too. I wanted to join the peace corps, amoung other organizations and help people. I wanted to give back. I've always really had the mentality of putting other people before myself in situations, and i think its a good quality to have. But anyways... i just feel like i'm limited, like i can't do much to give back! Its hard cuz i have to work so much, therefore leaving little to no time to volunteer. I don't have money, therefore leaving me little to no money to give to foundations and walks and good causes. I can't even donate blood cuz i'm too little!!! you have to weigh 110 lbs and at my rate, i'll NEVER weigh that much so i'll NEVER be able to donate blood!!! So anyways.... this is kind of a random weird post.... but its kinda been my thoughts and feelings since last night.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah, I think Audrey Hepburn is hot too.
Don't worry, not everyone can read between the lines.
Post a Comment